TV/Radio and Video
Below is a selection of video and audio coverage of CCF. Links to the actual shows or information about them are provided where available. To report broken links, please click here to email us
- Richard Wiese's "Born to Explore" features CCF -- Episode #206 (trailer only) -- 10 November 2012
- Dr. Laurie Marker, Cheetah Conservation Fund, WCN Expo, 2012 -- 13 October 2012
- KTVI FoX News 2 St. Louis Interviews Dr. Laurie Marker -- 9 October 2012
- KSDK News 5 St. Louis Interviews Dr. Laurie Marker -- 8 OCtober 12
- "Conversations -- Dr. Laurie Marker, CCF" -- SUNY ESF Television -- 5 October 2012
- Dr. Laurie Marker on the FOX5 Morning Show -- WTTG FOX5, Washington DC -- 18 September 2012
- "Conversations -- Dr. Bruce Brewer, CCF" -- SUNY ESF Television -- 16 August 2012
- "Dogs Trian for African Safari" -- ABC News 1 (Australia) -- 8 July 2012
- "Open File" - NBC TV (Namibia) - 18 December 2011
- CCF Segment - Environment and Agriculture. One Africa TV. 13 December 2011.
- Anatolian Shepherd on Dogs 101. Animal Planet. 5 November 2011.
- US Woman Fights to Save Cheetahs - July Tavoy, Voice of America. 13 June 2011
- iPredator. Animal Planet. 25 January 2011
- "Les Orphelins du Paradise" - A OnePlanet (France) production filmed at CCF, hosted by environmental journalist Olivia Mokiejewski. France 2 TV. 14 November 2010. To view a video clip, click here.
- 774 ABC Melbourne (Australia) interviews CCF's General Manager, Dr. Bruce Brewer. 8 November 2010.
- Zoo Talkin' Radio interviews Dr. Laurie Marker online. Zoo Peeps. 11 October 2010.
- Geparden - die gefährdetsten Katzen der Welt by Rolf and Vita Köster (Rovi Films). Aired on ARD's "W wie Wissen" (Germany). 30 May 2010
World's Fastest Cat on Its Ninth Life - Jennie Lorentsson interviews cheetah conservationist Laurie Marker. Inter Press Service Africa. 30 April 2010.
- EXTINCTIONS - THE CHEETAH by Frédéric Lepage - FL Concept, Marathon for France 5. Premiered 26 July 2010.
- Animal House on WAMU 88.5 (American University Radio). 29 May 2010.
- Cheetah conservation and structure of ecological communities are the focus of 2010 Tyler Prize for Environmental Achievement. Patt Morrison. 89.1 KPCV Southern California Public Radio. 23 April 2010.
- Radio interview with CCF's Anne Schmidt-Küntzel discussing the cheetah’s lack of genetic diversity. By Beatrice Kneip of Radio Lëtzebuerg - Luxembourg (www.rtl.lu). 4th February.
- Cheetah Conservation Fund Special - Sat. 1 Planetopia Science Magazine (Germany). 31 January and 7 February, 2010.
- No Beating About the Bush. BBC World Challenge 2009. BBC World News. 3-4 October 2009.
- Big Cat.Big Party interview with Dr. Laurie Marker. Portland's KINK FM Radio - Morning Show. October 2009.
- The Ultimate 'Cat Lady' - ABC World News with Charlie Gibson."Person of the Week" Laurie Marker is saving African cheetahs from extinction. ABC World News.
- One Woman Fights to Save Her Beloved Cheetahs. An interview with Dr. Laurie Marker by Dan Harris. ABC Nighline - 14 July 2009.
- Raising Cheetahs in Namibia. Laurie Marker saves cheetahs by raising them in her backyard.
14 Jul 2009 - 09:19 AM Video from GMA ABC News
- Cheetah Man follows Olivier Houalet during the release of five of CCF's cheetahs at the NamibRand Reserve. Produced for Five (UK) by Gecko Productions, July 2008. Aired on TV5 (UK). February 2009.
- Featured on National Geographic's Video in the News: Dogs Save Cats video.
- "Les Guépards de Laurie Marker". France's Fondation 30 Millions d'Amis produced this show, filmed in Namibia, to raise funds for CCF. The show aired on national TV in France (TV3) on 6 June 2009.
- Interview for ABC Australia News Radio regarding CCF's Livestock Guarding Dog Programme (slide player to about last fifth of the scale to listen to the interview).
- NBC News Channel 9 (Colorado) Interviews Dr. Laurie Marker - Watch video - 2 Feb 2009
- Mike Rast Jr., GlobalAtlanta.com: Conservationist's Business Savvy Helps Save Cheetahs. 30 Sept. 2008
- Chicago Public Radio interview for Worldview - Jerome McDonnell, aired 4 March 2008
- Run for the Cheetah interview with Laurie Marker on KINK.FM Radio - Portland, OR. October 2008
- Derek Mooney, RTE Radio (Ireland) 13-minute radio interview with Dr. Marker (WAV file). Broadcast on 4 May 2007
- Héros de la Nature: Pour l'Amour des Guépards. One-hour documentary directed by Natacha Caléstréme about CCF and the cheetahs of Namibia for European countries. Mona Lisa Productions. Aired in France (France 5, RTBF, TV Middle East, RAI 3 Italy, TVE Switzerland). 2007
- Al Jazeera TV Network with Gary Strieker: Assignment Earth: Vanishing Cheetahs documentary. To air in 2007.
- NEAR FM (Dublin, Ireland) radio show "In-Depth" interview with Laurie Marker by Thomas Janak. July 2006.
- WEALTH TV, USA - "Out of This World Adventures" featuring Earthwatch's CCF Expedition. October 2006.
- CNN: Cheetahs Losing Out on Survival Race. Gary Srieker. May 2006.
- SKY News TV segment: "Cats and Dogs Work Together"
- Highlights for Children: Cheetah Central - A Writer's Experience with the Fastest Creatures in the World by Volunteer Rosanna Hansen.
- PBS DragonflyTV: "Cheetahs by Mickey and Caroline"
- PBS DragonflyTV: Real Scientists - Laurie Marker
- Oregon Public Broadcasting Radio Interview with Laurie Marker
- Mike Lee for ABC 's World News Tonight: In Africa, Sending in the Dogs to Save the Cheetahs
- BBC's Animal Park - "Wild in Africa" featuring CCF
- Channel 7 Australia - "Beyond Tomorrow, Episode 1: Cheetah Conservation"
- Animal Planet's Wild Kingdom: "Cheetah: Race Against Time" Click on the link and type cheetah to search for video clips of this great program.
- Jack Hannah's Animal Adventures: "Race for Survival" - Episode 2236, 2003-2004 Season.
- Interview for KATU TV, Portland, Oregon
- Talk of the Town radio show, 1150AM, KKGT Portland, Oregon
- CBS Early Morning Show segment on CCF
- Documentary: "Cincinnati's Cheetah Connection" co-produced by WLWT Channel 5 and Cincinnati Zoo's - Angel Fund, featuring CCF.
- Nomados Video - Berlin - for travel-themed TV/Broadband/DVD series on environment and culture.
- BBC - Animal Sanctuary
- TV2 - Norway - "Jente Piratene" Travelogue
- BBC-TV special on working dogs (highlighting CCF's Livestock Guarding Dog program)
- Discovery Channel documentary "Cheetah - Cats in Crisis" (Panthera Productions)
- South Africa regional tourism video featuring CCF (originally aired in 2001; to be aired again in 2002)
- '20/20' - popular US evening news/current issues program
- German documentary for international viewing as well as for the World Summit, to be held in South Africa in 2002
- 'In the Wild with Jason Raize' (US children's program)
- Animal Planet program with Jeff Corwin: 'Jeff Corwin's Animal Experience'
- Cincinnati TV-5 documentary about Namibia, highlighting CCF and Cincinnati's involvement with our programs
- 'Good Morning America' (A US national morning TV program): Dogs Help Save Cheetahs from Extinction
- CNN - 'Business Unusual in New York'
- 3 local news programs on Cincinnati TV
- Oregon's 'AM North West' program
- Canada's Discovery TV - 'Live Remote'
- Brite-Side TV program on the Livestock Guarding Dogs for 'Animal Planet'
- Japanese television program
- Canadian program about CCF Livestock Guarding Dogs
- National Geographic television on bush encroachment and its effects on cheetah's eyes
- Laurie conducted news interviews at two New York City Television Stations and two Dallas/Texas stations
- "In the Wild: Cheetahs" with Holly Hunter. PBS. Produced by Tigress Productions/WNET.
- A Discussion on Cheetahs - Interview with Charlie Rose.- Friday, November 24, 1995 (36'01" to 46'26")