Ecology Wish List
Please email us for questions about this list. Items in RED are most urgently needed.
- Walkie Talkies
Digital Camera Traps --preferred models are the Reconyx PC800 Hyperfire ($550USD) [http://www.reconyx.com/hyperfire_detail.php?model=PC800] and HC500 Hyperfire ($450USD) [http://www.reconyx.com/hyperfire_detail.php?model=HC500]. The former (PC800) is only available direct from Reconyx.com. We also need steel enclosures for the cameras (HyperFire Security Enclosures), which retail at $50USD - the same type of box will fit either model of camera. The website www.trailcampro.com often does deals with the HC500 models to include free memory cards, or discounted security enclosures.
- Satellite/GPS collars/radio to monitor cheetahs that are being released from captivity (must be ordered by CCF in order to request the correct settings; for a total or partial donation please donate money: cost US$3200 per unit).
- Weather station, both portable (Kestrel at www.nkhome.com) and fixed
- GPS hand-held systems such as Garmin E-Trex GPS + accessories, e.g. download cable and software
- Binoculars and binoculars for night vision
- Dental cast for paw imprints
- Small mammal live traps (Shermann at www.forestry-suppliers.com)
- Portable hanging scale.
- NiMH rechargeable or Lithium AA batteries - not alkaline
- 8Gb (or larger) SDHC memory cards
- Software (for computer or PDA) or Books: Animal identification guides. Examples: The mammals of Southern Africa by RHN Smithers; The mammal guide of Southern Africa by B Cillié; Robertson’s bird media CD, Sourthern Africa; Tracks and signs.
- Canvas tent x 2
- Rangefinder x 2 (e.g., Bushnell)
- Microphones x 2 (directional model)
- Access to journals - Please inquire with us
- SD memory card reader (any model) x 2
- Blank DVDs
- USB memory sticks (at least 2Gb)
- Tools for maintenance, e.g. gardening gloves x 5, sheers x 2, secateurs x 2.
- Laptop computers x 5
Help us by either:
- donating money for the purchase of items on the list by clicking here and select Wish List from the Donation Category pull-down menu. A space will be provided to specify how you'd like your donation to be applied.
- sending items to CCF Namibia (see address below)
- taking to CCF Namibia when you go to visit or volunteer